Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome to Eagle Island!

This is going to be a great year in 4th grade at Orvis Risner. I cannot wait to meet all of my wonderful students on information day.
Orvis Risner Information Day
Friday, August 14, 2009
8:30-12:00
Who is Mrs. Polk?
This is my fourth year to teach 4th grade at Orvis Risner. I am so blessed to work with such amazing students. I graduated from Oklahoma State in 2001 with a degree in advertising. After working in that industry for a few years, I realized that I was not passionate about my job. I went back to school and earned my teaching degree from the University of Central Oklahoma in 2006. I have been happily guiding student learning ever since! I live in Edmond with my husband, 2-year-old son, Aidan, and my 6-year-old yellow lab, Brady. In my free time I love to spend time with family and friends, attend OSU sporting events, exercise, and shop!